The Criteo privacy promise
For Criteo, privacy is not an afterthought — it’s our guiding principle.
As a French company founded in 2005, Criteo’s privacy protections have consistently adhered to or surpassed what’s been required by law, including GDPR, for over 14 years. We understand the sensitivity of customer data and are committed to protecting its confidentiality and security.
- Collect only the data that is required to deliver our service
- Store SHA256 hash of MD5 hash of emails
- Minimize data retention
- Ensure data security
- Provide a user-friendly opt-out tool
- Record directly identifying information
- Store any original files containing emails
- Use or store your audience data for any other purpose
- Impact your intellectual property with respect to customer data
- Use any 3rd-party-owned or managed data centers
Industry Leadership: Investing in Best Practices
Criteo has an extensive number of certifications that are reviewed annually by governing and standards bodies, and supports initiatives that deliver greater transparency and control to users.
We are a proponent of the IAB Transparency and Consent Framework and were early adopters of industry best practices such as the AdChoices program, as well as: